CURRENT INTEREST RATES | MORTGAGE CALCULATORS | FREE CREDIT REPORT
Buying a home is a major decision that can be filled with apprehension and concern. Our job is not only to help you find the right home that meets your needs, but to make the home buying process as efficient, stress-free and successful as possible. In helping you to find the right home we will:
- Communicate with you in a timely and efficient manner;
- Plan a Home Search Based on Your Needs. This means we will consult with you to discover your needs, interests and concerns before developing a planned home search. We will also discuss buyer, seller and dual agency alternatives and explain to you the benefits of an Exclusive Representation Agreement;
- Introduce You to Properties and Neighborhoods that Meet Your Requirements Based upon Our Plan. We will pre-select properties that match your criteria. We will also present your property-search criteria to hundreds of other Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices sales professionals to gain access to properties that may not yet have reached the open market. We will do our best to save time by pre-scheduling showing appointments and will provide you with sources of information on questions of interest to you, such as schools, neighborhoods and transportation. We can also prepare a preliminary estimate of the costs associated with buying a particular property so you have a better understanding of the financial commitment involved;
- Help You Obtain the Financing You May Need for a Home Purchase. We will provide you with information on becoming pre-qualified and/or pre-approved for a mortgage and explain the benefits of one over the other. If needed, we can also help you find a reliable financial institution;
- Assist in Preparing a Purchase Offer on the Property of Your Choice. We will review information on sales of comparable homes to help you decide on the price and financing terms that you want to offer. We will also provide you with advice and information on other terms for you to consider, such as possession date and personal property. We may also recommend that you obtain professional home, termite, or other inspections and will review any inspection reports with you as they are generated. If appropriate, we may recommend that the purchase be contingent on a professional appraisal of value. We can also discuss the option of a home warranty, which can reduce your liability going forward;
- Represent You in the Transaction with the Seller. We will present your offer and all related documents to the seller, or their real estate professional as applicable, and negotiate in your best interests, including the handling of any and all counteroffers, to reach an agreement that is acceptable to you; and
- Work to Protect Your Interests During the Completion of the Transaction. We will review with you the seller’s written disclosure statement, preliminary title report and other documents pertaining to the condition and status of the property. We will work with the seller’s broker, the lender and others to see that all requirements of the purchase agreement are satisfied and to help keep the transaction on schedule. You will be kept informed of the progress of the transaction at all times and we will accompany you on a comprehensive walk-through of the property before closing (if provided for in the agreement), and assist you in managing any problems discovered during the walk-through. Finally, we will follow up on any remaining details after the close of sale, and provide you with information on additional services that you may need.
You can also visit our affiliate California Title’s “BUYING A HOME” page and the following websites for helpful information that may aid you in your purchase: CITY-DATA, RESIDENT SCHOOL IDENTIFIER, GREAT! SCHOOLS, and CLEAN STREETS LA.